1270 Energy Lane
St. Paul, Minnesota, 55108
Company: Kemps LLC
Req Num: req7728
Manages third-party transportation for all outbound shipments of cultured and ice cream products, as well as inbound supplies and materials used in the manufacture and packaging thereof. Provides an overall focus on optimizing the freight/warehouse cost and customer service needs. Builds vendor relationships with carriers and 3PLs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaches and develops direct reports to effectively manage and balance cost and service metrics.
- Manages third-party transportation for all outbound shipments of cultured and ice cream products, as well as inbound supplies and materials used in the manufacture and packaging thereof.
- Leads the overall Central Dispatch process including recommendations for technology, rate negotiation, carrier identification, dispute resolution, and ensuring overall customer satisfaction.
- Analyzes customer and vendor data (products, order quantities, locations, frequency, etc.) as basis for identifying trends and improving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to continuous improvement.
- Monitors and measures performance against KPI’s, generating reports and communicating results for the senior leadership team, including not only assessment but also recommending actions to be taken to address performance concerns.
- Evaluates and models the transportation impact of key strategies in support of the Kemps Ice Cream and Cultured businesses.
- Works cross-functionally with the greater organization to facilitate changes needed to successfully implement cost savings initiatives and/or resolve problems or complaints.
- Champions the use and development of the Transportation Management System (TMS) within the Kemps distribution network.
- Communicates with key plant personnel to coordinate outbound customer shipments, including but not limited to load-out scheduling, sequencing of multiple drop shipments, product availability, and carrier issues.
- Acts as the liaison between the purchasing department, vendors, carriers, and the Kemps receiving facilities, with a critical goal of full utilization of truck capacity.
- May perform other duties as determined by business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration and 5+ years of related work experience.
- Team leadership experience or demonstrated leadership attributes.
- 2 - 3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and complex problem-solving skills
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to learn new software systems quickly (e.g. TMS and JDE) Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to make complex ideas simple to understand
- Ability to view problems, opportunities, and solutions from a company-wide perspective and positively influence others to facilitate change
- Champions Kemps Culture of Excellence: Operating at the highest levels of integrity and accountability every day by establishing trust at all levels and setting clear direction
- Able to build effective relationships at all levels
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to deliver results as both an individual contributor and through others